As of 2021, the commercial real estate market has been recovering from the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic, with the retail and office sectors still facing challenges while the industrial and multifamily sectors are performing well. Some of the trends to watch in the commercial real estate market include:
– E-commerce and logistics: The growth of online shopping has led to an increased demand for industrial and warehousing space.
– Remote work: The shift towards remote work has led to changes in the office sector, with companies rethinking their office space needs.
– ESG (Environmental, Social, and Governance) investments: The trend towards sustainable and socially responsible investments is growing, and it’s affecting the real estate market.
– Proptech: Technology is changing the way real estate is managed, marketed, and leased, with an increase in the use of digital tools and platforms.
– Opportunity zones: The opportunity zone program, created by the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017, provides tax incentives for investment in low-income communities, and is attracting investment to certain areas.